I am an Assistant Professor at the Computation-based Science and Technology Research Center at The Cyprus Institute. Previously, I was Lecturer at the Department of Computing at Goldsmiths, University of London. I obtained my MSc and PhD from the Department of Computing at Imperial College London, where I remained as a Research Associate and subsequently an Honorary Research Fellow. I completed my undergraduate studies at the Department of Informatics and Telecommunications at the University of Athens, Greece, and have been a Visiting Researcher at the SEQAM Lab, Dept. of Computer Science, Rutgers.
My research interests fall broadly into the areas of Machine Learning and Computer Vision, focusing on analysis and interpretation of multi-sensory high-dimensional data – often conveyed via visual, auditory, social, and biomedical signals. For more details, see my list of publications (Google Scholar).
- [June/2019]. Papers accepted at EUSIPCO and CoG 2019.
- [Jan/2019]. Journal paper on Deep Affect “in-the-wild” accepted at IJCV.
- [Jan/2019]. Paper on Time-series Clustering accepted at IEEE FG 2019
- [Oct/2018]. Journal Paper on Robust Component Analysis for 3D Facial UV Maps has been accepted @ the IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing .
- [Sep/2018]. Paper on Multi-Attribute Probabilistic Linear Discriminant Analysis for 3D Facial Shapes accepted @ ACCV 2018.
- [July/2018]. Paper “Less is More: Univariate Modelling to Detect Early Parkinson’s Disease from Keystroke Dynamics” accepted @ Discovery Science 18.
- [June/2018]. Paper on Live Streaming for Multi-view Analysis of Emotional and Social Signals accepted @ the FDG’18 Twitch workshop.
- [June/2018]. Paper on Multi-View Highlight Detection in Game Streams accepted @ the Foundations of Digital Games 2018.
- [May/2018]. Paper accepted on Deep Learning for Complex Physiological Signals @ EUSIPCO 2018.
- [Oct/2017]. Paper accepted at the IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing (IEEE J-STSP).
- [Sep/2017]. I will be giving an invited talk at the Matrix and Tensor Factorization Methods in Computer Vision workshop at ICCV 2017.
- [Aug/2017]. Co-chaired the special session on Component Analysis for Computer Vision @ EUSIPCO 2017
- [July/2017]. Paper analysing the typing behaviour of patients with Parkinson’s Disease accepted at Socinfo 2017.
- [Apr/2017]. Deep Canonical Time Warping accepted for publication at the IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence.
- [Apr/2017]. Awarded an NVIDIA GPU Grant.
- [Feb/2017]. I will be co-chairing the 1st Affect-in-the-wild Challenge, to be held in conjunction with CVPR 2017.
- [Dec/2016]. Paper Dynamic Probabilistic Linear Discriminant Analysis for Video Classification accepted at IEEE ICASSP 2017.
- [July/2016]. I am a Guest Editor for the special issue on “Human Behaviour Analysis in-the-wild” at the IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing. More info here, submission deadline 15 December 2016.
- [June/2016]. Co-chaired the “Affect in-the-wild” workshop @ CVPR 2016 along with Irene Kotsia, Guoying Zhao and Stefanos Zafeiriou (keynote by Aleix Martinez).
- [Mar/2016]. Papers Mnemonic Descent Method (MDM) and Deep Canonical Time Warping (DCTW) accepted @ CVPR 2016 (code for MDM available here, code for DCTW available here )
- [Mar/2016]. Paper @ ICASSP 2016 awarded with the IEEE Spoken Language Processing Student Grant
- [Jan/2016]. Paper on speech emotion recognition using CNNs accepted @ ICASSP 2016
- [Dec/2015]. Towards Deep Multimodal Alignment, presented at the Multimodal Machine Learning Workshop @ NIPS 2015
- [Nov/2015]. Robust Correlated and Individual Component Analysis, accepted at the IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence